One thing we hear a lot is "but the oils are so expensive". We wanted to take a minute to talk about the value of a single drop. Just a quick look above at the top 10 most used oils tells you just how affordable they are. Our favorite thing about using pure essential oils from doTERRA is because they are so potent, it just takes a drop or two, and we find our oils go farther and last longer too. There really is value in every single drop!
Over the past few years, we have been making many healthy lifestyle changes at home - eating better, less chemicals in our cleaners and beauty/body products and taking vitamins/supplements that help maintain homeostasis in our bodies. One of the products we love is doTERRA's phytoestrogen. Here is why:
Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex Description
Hormones influence virtually every function in a woman’s body. A balance of normal hormone levels will influence a woman’s good health and emotional well-being from her early teens to her transition through menopause. doTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is a blend of standardized plant phytoestrogens and whole food extracts that support hormone balance gently and naturally.* This doTERRA supplement also includes a concentrated source of flax seed lignans, which may help manage the by-products of estrogen metabolism.*
Stabilizing hormones begins with healthy lifestyle behaviors such as eating right and exercising, but additional nutritional supplementation such as Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex can help reduce uncomfortable issues associated with PMS and the transition through menopause, and will provide additional support for healthy bones, heart, breast tissue, and other body structures and function as a woman ages.*
Taking one to two capsules of Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex per day with meals will assist with proper endocrine system function for optimal wellness from puberty through the later stages of life.*
What Makes Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex Unique?
Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex includes a potent soy extract shown to provide health benefits in women.* This soy extract is standardized for 64 percent isoflavone content and a minimum of 50 percent genisteine, phytoestrogens that can bind with estrogen beta receptor cells to provide a number of health benefits. The increased estrogen-like activity provided by these phytoestrogens can help balance hormones and hormone metabolites, and keep them from binding to other cells.*
This supplement also contains a concentrated flax seed extract proven useful in managing potentially harmful estrogen metabolites.* Because hormones are metabolized in the liver, they create a host of bioactive metabolites. An imbalance in some of these metabolites may increase risk for a number of health concerns. The concentrated flax seed extract contained in Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex can help maintain a healthy balance of these metabolites.*
Antioxidants support hormonal balance and are also important for overall health.* Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex includes a standardized pomegranate extract that provides supplemental phytoestrogens and powerful antioxidant support.* The phytoestrogens contained in the pomegranate extract have a gentle estrogenic activity to help support hormone homeostasis.
Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is contained in all-natural sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetables capsules.
Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex Uses and Benefits
- One major benefit of Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is that it gently supports a women through the menstrual cycle.* doTERRA Women Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is a blend of standardized plant phytoestrogens that support hormone balance both gently and naturally.*
- As mentioned, the Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex can be helpful for women throughout many stages of life and changes in the body. Among many benefits, this supplement helps diminish the normal discomfort of menopause.*
- The Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex also helps support healthy bones, heart, breast tissue, and other body structures and functions as a woman ages.* The proprietary combination of phytoestrogens and antioxidants contained in Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex not only supports hormonal balance, but overall female health.*
- Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex isn’t just useful during times of menstruation, puberty, or menopause, but can be a useful way to help manage hormone levels through the many stages of life. This supplement can be taken daily to help balance and support normal hormone levels throughout a woman’s life.*
- Another major benefit of Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex is that it has been formulated to provide powerful antioxidant support.* The included standardized pomegranate extract is rich in anthocyanins, offering added antioxidant support.
- This supplement provides nutritional support for managing estrogen metabolism.* It contains a flax seed extract standardized to 40 percent lignans, which is helpful in managing estrogen metabolism.* Hormone metabolites may raise the risk for a number of health issues; diets rich in phytoestrogens can help maintain a healthy balance of these by-products.*
- As mentioned, the first steps to managing hormone levels are healthy eating, exercise, and taking care of one’s body. The Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex can be used to complement a program of eating right, exercising, and hormone therapy to help minimize the uncomfortable symptoms of PMS and transition through menopause.*
- This natural formula is made with sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules for safe ingestion.
How to Take Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex
Pre- and peri-menopausal women, take one to two capsules daily with food or as needed. Post-menopausal women, take two capsules daily with food, ideally formulated to be taken with doTERRA Women Bone Nutrient Lifetime Complex, doTERRA ClaryCalm® Monthly Blend for Women, and the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack®.
Pregnant or nursing women and people with known medical conditions should consult a physician before using. Does not contain wheat or milk products. This product is complementary to, but not a replacement for, hormone replacement therapies.
We love all the spring cleaning we have been doing. In between cleaning days, a great way to continue that spring freshness is with this amazing room spray. Great aroma, and none of the synthetic chemicals!
Looking for the perfect spring/summer room spray? This Spring Fling spray is light, fresh, and has a touch of sweetness and tart.
20 drops Lemon
20 drops Grapefruit
20 drops Lime
Glass spray bottle
- In a glass spray bottle, add essential oils and top with water. Depending on the size of your spray bottle, you may wish to add more essential oils. That’s all! Just give that bottle a shake and spray to your heart’s content.
- See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-spring-fling-room-spray#sthash.Wkqedmzh.dpuf
One of the things we love best about doTERRA is their amazing compensation plan. But it might surprise you know that we didn't know that we loved this when we started using our oils. In fact, like many doTERRA leaders, we had no intention of ever building a business. We just knew we loved our oils. The problem is, of course, that once you find something you love you share it with your friends. When the commission checks started rolling in they were a welcome gift, but it wasn't until we really started researching the company that we ultimately ended up "doing the business" which led us to where we are today! As we learned more, and began to teach the compensation plan and business side of things to our team members, we had even more to love about doTERRA as a company, as a source of education, and as a family. The numbers don't lie. This company wants to be known as the one that gets the most people of out debt, in addition to providing natural healthcare solutions in every home. Who can't get behind a mission like that?! If you've been curious about what we do, or the numbers above have piqued your interest, please reach out to us. We'd love to share this incredible opportunity with you. What are you waiting for?
doTERRA has done it once again! They have extended their awesome "deep blue duo" promotion until the 15th of April! That means that you can get another set of these two powerhouse oils by placing any 200 pv order! You can also earn a free 5 ml bottle of digestzen for your LRP order of 125 or more is processed by the 15th. Of course if you want both - a 200 pv LRP order by the 15th will do the trick! Not sure how to set up your LRP? Just ask! Not sure what to order this month? We would be glad to make some suggestions!
Happy Oiling - Nikki & Kelley
If you’ve been feeling the itch to get some spring cleaning done, you may notice some areas of your home have been neglected for far too long. Luckily, doTERRA Lemon oil can help make cleaning those long-forgotten nooks and crannies easier. Here are 10 ways you can use Lemon to clean your home.
1. Microwave—Microwaves are notorious for being tough to clean, especially after mishaps involving spaghetti sauce or tomato soup. To ease the pain of cleaning, simply microwave a cup filled with water and a few drops of Lemon, then wipe clean!
2. Dishwasher—Pour distilled vinegar into a dish and add 5–10 drops of Lemon oil. Place this dish in your empty dishwasher and run on high.
3. Stove Top—Lemon oil makes cleaning one of the dirtiest areas of the kitchen easy. Add vinegar and Lemon to a spray bottle, and watch the grime disappear!
4. Appliances—From dust to greasy food spills, appliances collect more dirt than you might think. A simple solution of Lemon oil, water, and vinegar will help you clean toasters, refrigerators, mixers, and more.
5. Garbage disposal—If you’ve been smelling something funky coming from your sink, it might be time to clean the garbage disposal. This DIY for Lemon disposal refreshers should help!
6. Ceiling Fan—Fan blades collect dust at turbo speeds and cling to them for as long as you let them. To avoid choking on dust bunnies while cleaning your ceiling fans, spray the inside of an old pillow case with a Lemon/water mixture and loop the fabric around each blade.
7. Washing Machine—Run a mixture of Lemon oil, baking soda, vinegar, and water through your empty machine on the hottest setting to break up dirt build-up and mildew. Scrub any excess with a sponge, then run the machine again with fresh water.
8. Trash Cans—Regularly cleaning out trash cans can eliminate odor. For indoor trash cans, spray the inside and outside of each can with a mixture of water, Lemon oil, and vinegar, then scrub with a sponge.
9. Windows and Windowsills—The same mixture of Lemon oil, water, and vinegar in a spray bottle that you’ve been using all around the house will do wonders for your windows and windowsills. Simply spray glass and wipe with a clean cloth or paper towel, then move onto ledges and sills with a toothbrush or damp sponge.
10. Air Vents—One of the most overlooked areas to keep clean in your home is the air you breathe! Clean vents with a sponge dipped in warm water, vinegar and Lemon oil to help eliminate allergens and dust from filling the air around you.
Lemon oil acts as a powerful cleaning agent and the possibilities are truly endless! Share this post and let us know how you like to clean with Lemon oil.
- See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/10-Ways-to-Spring-Clean-With-Lemon#sthash.jx2Y6lum.dpuf
With spring comes spring cleaning! What better way to incorporate essential oils into your daily routine! Your house will be clean and your mood will be amazing - We call that a win/win! doTERRA has some amazing cleaning DIY's on their blog that we are going to share with you. First off is THIS one for garbage disposal refreshers.
Don’t live with stinky garbage disposals any more. These Tangerine and Spearmint Garbage Disposal Refreshers clean and deodorize your garbage disposal in one easy use. Try it and love it!
P.S. Tangerine is currently available for a limited time in our Sunsational Flavor’s Kit, so make sure to grab one before it’s gone!
2 cups baking soda
1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup liquid castile soap (any scent)
15 drops Tangerine
15 drops Spearmint
1. Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
2. Add castile soap and essential oil into mixture.
3. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of "damp sand". It should stay together when you press it together. If you add too much water just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.
4. Pack mixture tightly into a small silicone mold. If you don’t have a silicone mold, just grab a tablespoon measurement device and scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
5. Let mixture dry for 24 hours or until hard.
6. Put into glass jar and use the next time you do dishes! Just place 1-2 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on. You will immediately smell the refreshing and cleansing aroma. - See more at: https://doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-tangerine-spearmint-garbage-disposal-refreshers#sthash.gDplJoE9.dpuf
Leave us a comment and let us know your favorite way to use oils for cleaning - We would love to include your ideas and tips into our upcoming posts!
Happy Valentine's Day! Did you know you can use essential oils in the bedroom?! We really aren't kidding when we say "There's an oil for that!" Check out some of these awesome recipes below to boost your Valentine's Day fun.
Tips for using oils in the bedroom:
- Safety first! ALWAYS dilute your essential oils if you plan on using them topically anywhere that's a little...ahem...sensitive. Remember, oil dilutes oil so if you do get some essential oil somewhere you don't want it to be, grab your trusty coconut oil to help get it off.
- Latex beware. Pure plant-based oils (including coconut) will actually break down latex. We are not responsible for any essential oil baby-making.
- Anchors away! Using essential oils as emotional "anchors" has been a favorite aromatherapy technique for many years. When it comes to the bedroom, consistently diffusing or applying a certain oil (we like ylang ylang) just before, and during, sex can actually help increase libido and prompt your body to respond just by smelling it in the future.
Wishing you a happy (and fun!) Valentine's Day!
Every month, doTERRA has a new promotion, and every month we wait excitedly to see what it is....with this month being the first month of a new year, we were more than eager to see what doTERRA had in store for us. They did not dissapoint us! This month's promotions are incredible!
doTERRA has extended it's frankincense promotion through the 15th of January, which is amazing, because you can earn a free bottle of frankincense with any 200pv purchase - this offer is for currently enrolled wellness advocates as well as those of you who are ready to start your oil journey and become wholesale customers or wellness advocates!
Speaking of new members - how awesome is this offer! Anyone who enrolls in January with any order of 100pv or more and then places a 100pv order in February is eligible to receive 100 free product credit from doTERRA!
If you are currently enrolled in doTERRA, you can take advantage of this promotion as well - 10% off an athletes kit, and free wild orange for any loyalty rewards order of 125pv or more. If you are like us, and are ordering your products for the cleanse and some slim & sassy trim shake mix (hello new goals) then your order will be over 200pv, and you will get a free frankincense and a free wild orange when my order is completed before the 15th.
This fabulous offer is available to all wellness advocates too! If you are building the business, this is your month to shine. If you are a wellness advocate who needs every oil - even the precious ones that are not available for sale - this is your chance! All you need to do to get these amazing oils is share doTERRA with the people in your life! Please contact the person who enrolled you or your upline for assistance with this propmotion! I can't wait to see all of you earn these amazing oils along with us!
We could talk forever about why setting goals is important and what it does for our brains and our energy and attitude. But really we all know all of that stuff anyway. With the New Year less than a week away, we are sure you have some goals and resolutions on your mind... because it's all on our minds too. This year, instead of setting big goals (like those you have maybe done in the past that never seem to work out) such as "I want to lose 30 pounds" or I will stop eating sugar" or "I'm going to get out debt," why not try setting smaller, more attainable goals each month? Setting smaller goals can help you manage your time, stay focused, and prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. Since 2017 is a HUGE year for us, we are going to give this method of bite-sized goal setting a try. We will share all about it here and we would love for you you to try it with us!
Check out some of the ideas below and let us know what you think. Which of these goals can you reasonably achieve in the month of January? Or, if that still seems like to much to take on, what can you do for just one week? We want to hear from you! Let's keep each other moving and grooving this year!
READ 20 PAGES PER DAY
We all would love to fit more time in for reading, but for some us the hustle of everyday life has us pushing this to the back burner. Try reading 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 minutes before bed and you will have that book finished in no time. Or, if you are following the miracle morning challenge, then getting up 1 hour early to complete your self development will include this time for reading also.
START A GRATITUDE JOURNAL
Take a few minutes when you first wake up, or at the end of each day to write 3-5 things you are grateful for. You will start to see the joy in the little things, and be more appreciative for what you have, despite any challenges that may arise. Research also shows that people who are more grateful are generally more happy and experience fewer health problems. Plus, we know that we attract what we focus on. So why not focus on all of the abundance we already have, to make room for ever more?!
MEDITATE EVERY MORNING
Meditation can seem hard if you haven't tried it before, and definitely a little too "hippy, woo-woo" for some. There are lots of great ways to get started with meditation including some great, free guided meditations. Try looking on YouTube for some free options. We especailly love anything by Dr. Deepak Chopra. The free app "Headspace" also provides thought-provoking and meaningful meditations in just 10 minutes a day. With an open mind, and a little practice, you will be meditating in no time.
STAY OFF-LINE ONE DAY PER WEEK OR DO A MEDIA DETOX
Choose one day a week to stay completely off line - and yes this means no work too. This is a lot harder than it sounds! In today's world, it seems like we are always plugged in. This is great for connecting with others and making life more efficient, but not so good for connecting with our selves and taking time to look inward. The act of unplugging for just one day can make a huge difference. One whole day sound impossible? Try just an hour, once a week.
SIGN UP FOR A CLASS AT YOUR LOCAL REC CENTER
Learning a new craft/skill or hobby can be a great way to develop your mind! Wherever you are, there are facilities that offer inexpensive classes such as painting, photography, pottery, or cooking. We love a little yoga-and it's a great way to use those essential oils!
DRINK MORE WATER
There are so many benefits to drinking water ( besides keeping you alive) - it's great for your skin and hair, keeps your organs running smoothly, flushes toxins, and helps your brain stay alert. If you are not a fan of plain water, try a drop of essential oil (we only recommend one brand for internal consumption) - we love lemon, grapefruit, wild orange, spearmint and peppermint in our water.
TAKE A WALK
This is probably one of our favorite things we have added to our daily routines this past year. Walking in the afternoon/evening helps us reset our brains, digest food and improve mood. Plus, the dogs are happier too!
TRY A NEW FORM OF EXERCISE
If you’re really struggling to exercise regularly, maybe you need to try a new kind of exercise. There’s a whole world out there beyond the gym! Challenge yourself to try a new form of exercise during the month. You could try pilates, kickboxing, crossfit, karate, zumba, hip hop, barre…the possibilities are endless! Bonus: lots of places have special deals in the month of January. Check Groupon or Living Social for some in your area.
30 DAYS OF YOGA
Yoga is a great way to change your body and your mind. There are several different types of yoga classes that vary from an intense workout to a relaxing meditation and everything in between. You could check out some local classes, or practice at home by following along on YouTube videos. Sticking with it for 30 days will help you create new habits that you can incorporate into life even if you decide yoga is not your thing.
TRY MEAL PREPPING
This will definitely be something we try to incorporate in the new year - we do great at planning out what our kids will eat for the week, but not so much for us. There are lots of great books, videos and helpful posts out there to help you get stated. Try our favorite resources for everything...Pinterest! Create a board that's just reserved for meal prep recipes. This will help you stay organized, too.
EAT MORE VEGGIES
We truly envy anyone who manages to get their daily quota of vegetables in. Fruit is easy enough for us, but we really struggle when it comes to veggies! Decide how many portions you’d like to eat per day, and do a little bit of Pinterest (see, we told you it was our favorite) searching for recipes that incorporate veggies (or better yet, ones where you can’t even tell there are veggies in them).
SWAP OUT AN UNHEALTHY FOOD/HABIT FOR SOMETHING HEALTHY
You know what we're talking about here. For us, it's coffee - we have a love/hate relationship. We've been trying to cut out coffee for so long now because we really don’t think it agrees with our bodies (but we just love the taste and smell, y’know?). If you feel like it’s making you dehydrated and it’s breaking your bank account, try switching out your usual coffee or soda for a cup of tea. (We know, easier said than done. Baby steps, baby!)
30 DAY PLANK (OR SQUATS OR PUSHUP) CHALLENGE
Again, sticking with the 30 day theme - once you get that first 30 days in, it will be much easier to incorporate into your daily routine. And let's be honest, who doesn't want better abs, arms, or booty? Again, Pinterest is your friend - we did a super quick search and found several posts on 30 day challenges for every body and ability.
Ah, the soul (also referred to as the spirit). We are sure it means something different to everyone, but like to think of it as everything that makes up who you are aside from your mind and body. It could involve your relationships, religion, job, hobbies, interests, etc. However you define the soul, it’s vital that you take care of it and find what makes you happiest.
EXPLORE A NEW PLACE
See what your hometown and the surrounding area has to offer by visiting two places you’ve never been before. Who says you have to take a plane to travel?
GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE TIME
Make sleep a priority by creating your own nightly routine and sticking to it for a whole month. Going to bed early doesn’t make you a grandma, okay? Give yourself permission to rest. And if you need help falling or staying asleep, try some essential oils (we know where you can get them!).
DECLUTTER YOUR HOME
If you’ve been meaning to declutter your home for months, take the plunge and just get it done. By decluttering, you can make your space more relaxing and inviting so that you have one less thing that stresses you out! We read the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and it really was life-changing. You can get it on Amazon HERE.
Give back to your community by volunteering – even for just a day! It’ll make you feel good, and you’ll be doing a whole lot of good for others. Double whammy!
PRACTICE SOMETHING FOR 20 MINUTES
Whether you want to start learning a new language or revisit an an old hobby like playing the piano, make some time to challenge your brain in a new way.
REACH OUT/RECONNECT WITH SOMEONE
We all have someone we’ve been meaning to get in touch with for a while, whether that be your grandma or an old friend from school (or maybe even a blogger you want to collaborate with). Set yourself a goal to finally connect with them and ask them some genuinely thoughtful questions.
TRY THE ENVELOPE SYSTEM
In order to save money and get a little wiser with your spending, try budgeting out your money for the month and keeping your cash in envelopes. You’ll start to be more conscious of how you spend your paychecks, and your bank account is going to thank you! Check out Dave Ramsey’s guide to getting started.
Have some more mini goal ideas you'd like to share! We want to hear 'em!